We haven’t added any of our new titles yet, but the shop’s open and all up to date: takecarezines.bigcartel.com.
Hi zine fans, just letting you know that our shop’s down for maintenance at the moment. It will be back in action after Other Worlds when we’ve had a chance to do a thorough stocktake, with a bunch of new titles, too. Thanks for all the orders!
We received an email from some folks who are organising a zine fair in Beirut, Lebanon on 18 June. We’d love to be able to go, but unfortunately it’s not likey to happen. Here’s the callout, in case anyone reading this is interested.
They’re also interested in building a collection of zines at a new DIY space, ARTSCAPE. Full in the submission form and send them your stuff!
Zine love and solidarity from Sydney to Beirut, and everywhere in between (and beyond!)
It’s happening again! Do as the the flyer says, save the date(s), and apply for a table by filling in this form by 22 March!
Also, I’ve done a quick tidy up of the mail order. All of the Refugee Art Project zines are now BACK IN STOCK. Probably won’t be long until they sell out again, so get in quick if you’ve been hanging out for them.
We had a fantastique time at Festival of the Photocopier in February, too. Giant thanks to our friends at Sticky for all their efforts. Here’s a shot of some of the zines I picked up at the fair:
Happy new year! Here’s the cover of one of the beautiful zines we just added to the mail order site! It’s The Newport Doll’s new(ish) zine/album. The Newport Dolls are one of our favourite bands, from Melbourne. You should check out their stuff, starting with this.
Also new in stock we have:
- Social Carbon Copy (South-East Asian, punk-rock tour diary)
- Whorepobia (zine on the titular subject, all proceeds to Scarlett Alliance)
- From What I’ve Read Of Yours So Far, It Sounds Like Every Man In Macedonia Hit On You, Lezbianka and The Menkas (three new zines by Tamara Lazaroff)
- Tales of Hobartian Life (reprint of a classic comic by Leigh Rigozzi)
- Fulsome Prism #6/YOU split (a split zine featuring a tribute album dedicated to Prince’s Purple Rain)
Back in stock we have:
- Careers in Retail
- Tonight, Everybody in the Street!
- Well, That Was Weird
- Sex Industry Apologist #1 and #2
- Walnuts, Almonds, Nuts
And there will, no doubt, be more to come!