We have just spent a very large portion of the day ensconced in our spare room adding zines to the site and writing descriptions. We are very excited about how many really good zines we have in stock at the moment. We have also received a lot of really great submissions over the last couple of months that we haven’t had time to reply to yet, but we will, and then we will have even more really great zines. It is very exciting indeed.
The zines that have just been added are:
* If Destroyed Still True (back in stock, we got The Paper Mills copies when they closed down, with Nine’s permission, so if you didn’t get a chance to read this zine the first time it was doing the rounds, here is your 2nd chance, which you’re supposed to never have, so you should jump on it)
* I am Very Busy and Important # 4, 5 and 6 (a really great zine covering local stories from small to medium towns in Queensland, one of the best zine series we’ve read in a while)
* Both by Accident & Design (following on from last year’s For Stregnth and Valour, this is zine to file in the sacred category of ‘shitty workplace stories’, subcategory, ‘low rung office jobs’)
* Kiss Off #14 (a highly estimable zine from Toronto, Canada. As yet we have not added a description to the catelogue, so stay tuned for more)
* Hole in the Ground (a zine that is substantial in both page count and quality of contents, about the nature of home, change and a number of other profound Ideas, but written in a very enjoyable and accessible manner)
* Music for Raising Sydenham Swamp (the newest addition to our Music and Videos page, which contains experimental and DIY music, and which we want to expand and want for you to be more interested in, because lots of people make really good music in their bedrooms in the indefatigable tradition of PUNK ROCK and it should be ENCOURAGED and SUPPORTED)
What else did we do. We added descriptions to some zines that have had their ‘description coming soon’ for, oh, forever. We decided not to say ‘description coming soon’ for the new zines we’ve added without descriptions, because it is obviously a lie. We either do it straight away of we fuck about for half an eternity. There’s no reason for this, and it should not be seen as a reflection on the individual zines, it is just the way we are. But believe us when we say that all the undescribed items in the catalogue will be fixed up shortly, as in, the next day or two. For Real!
We will be doing a table at our friends’ gig in a few months. They are called Black VAT Trio and are launching their EP at the Red Rattler on June 2nd. More details about that closer to the date. We’re also tabling at the MCA zine fair this year, which is in May sometime. Again, more details soon.